IFDB-M - Indoor Fiber Distribution Box
The IFDB-M is an enclosure to break out fibers from an indoor riser cable into individual drops to the living units of an MDU. These drops provide a fiber optic connection to the living units.
The IFDB-M allows to break out fiber from certain riser cables by making a window cut not larger than 70 mm without interrupting the strength member.
To connect the drop to the raiser fibers splices or drop connectors can be used.
• Compact enclosure (126 x 200 x 50 mm)
• For indoor use
• In-line and butt configuration possible for main cable
• Wraparound cable seals for main cable and drops
• Cutting loop through fibers from riser cable not required
• Window cuts as small as 70 mm possible with certain cable constructions
• Compatible with mechanical, SMOUV and ANT splice protectors
• Low smoke zero halogen enclosure material
• Transient-free customer provisioning
• Drop cables are terminated individually
• Separate storage of un-connected fibers from spliced drop fibers
• Support integration of PON splitters
• Main cable up to 11 mm diameter
Drop cable up to 6 mm diameter
• Easy drop cable termination on strain relief device.