Splice or tee connection kit T-100
The Raychem T-100 connection kit serves as an above-insulation splice or tee kit for up to three Raychem BTV, QTVR, XTV, KTV, or VPL industrial parallel heating cables. It is approved by FM, CSA, and PTB for use in hazardous locations.
- Brand:RAYCHEM | Heating - Energy - Fiber Optics - Heat Shrink - Cables
- Code: MI00001
The T-100 serves as an above-insulation splice or tee for up to three Raychem brand BTV, QTVR, XTV, KTV, or VPL heating cables. It is approved by FM, CSA, and PTB(1) for use in hazardous locations.
The T-100 integrates the functions of connection kits and insulation entries. The rugged stand protects the heating cable and allows for up to four inches (100 mm) of thermal insulation. The cold-applied core sealer does not require a heat gun or torch for installation, so no hot work permit is necessary. The silicone-free, noncuring sealant in the core sealer allows easy installation and re-entry for maintenance.
The electrical connections in the T-100 are made with insulated crimps. For a splice or tee connection with terminal blocks, use the JBM-100. Each kit contains all the necessary materials for a complete installation except for the pipe straps, which must be ordered separately.
- 1 splice / tee enclosure and lid
- 1 stand assembly
- 3 core sealers
- 3 green / yellow tubes
- 3 compression crimps
- 3 crimp insulating boots
- 2 grommet plugs
- 1 spanner wrench
- 1 strain relief assembly
Note: Order appropriate pipe straps separately (two straps per kit).
Relevant applications include:
- process temperature maintenance
- pipe freeze protection
- tank heating
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical
- Food and Beverage
- Oil and Gas
- All connection kits used to terminate heating cables, including power connectors, splices, tees, and connectors shall be approved for the respective area classification and approved as a system with the particular type of heating cable in use. Under no circumstances shall terminations be used which are manufactured by a vendor other than the cable manufacturer.
- In order to keep connections dry and corrosion resistant, connection kits shall be constructed of nonmetallic, electrostatic, charge-resistant, glass-filled, engineered polymer enclosure rated NEMA 4X. The connection kit stand shall allow for up to four inches (100 mm) of thermal insulation.
- The connections are made with insulated crimp.
- The connection kit shall use cold-applied materials and shall not require the use of a heat gun, torch, or hot work permit for installation.
- The connection kit shall be rated to a minimum installation temperature of -40°F (-40°C), minimum usage temperature of -60°F (-50°C), and maximum pipe temperature of 500°F (260°C).
For detailed product specifications, please refer to the product datasheet.
|Heating Cable Capability:|| BTV-CR |
|Ingress protection:|| NEMA 4X|
|Minimum installation temperature:||–40°C (–40°F)|
|Maximum pipe temperature:||260°C (500°F)|
|Maximum operating voltage:||480 Vac|
|Ambient temperature range:||–60°C (–75°F) / 56°C (132°F)|
|Maximum circuit breaker rating:||50 A for FM, CSA; 40 A for PTB|