Industrial pipe freeze protection systems prevent freezing of fluids in pipes for a variety of industrial applications and environments, including hazardous, nonhazardous, and steam cleanable areas.
Pipe Freeze Protection – A Complete Heat Management System Approach
Pentair Thermal Management offers pipe freeze protection as a complete heat management system, which includes the selection of appropriate pipe heating cable technologies and advanced control system technologies, in addition to turnkey services.
Heat Trace System
- Electric heat trace cables - heat trace cables maintain the temperature of non-flowing fluids by replacing the heat lost through the thermal insulation on pipes, vessels and associated equipment.
- Advanced control systems - devices such as thermostats, controllers, and electric panels that monitor and/or control heat trace cables to help maintain the temperature of the fluid through a heat traced pipe.
- Components and accessories - items for making electrical connections and properly completing the installation, such as end terminations, glass tape and warning labels.
We can supply the individual components, provide engineering design services, site services, and even install and maintain the entire system.
In sub-zero environments, a typical insulated pipe takes anywhere from a few hours to a few days for the stagnant liquid in the pipe to freeze. The time required depends on thermodynamic characteristics such as ambient temperature, pipe diameter, insulation type and thickness, heat transfer coefficients and type of liquid.
Water, and fluids containing significant water, expand as they freeze. This expansion can cause the pipe to break—leading to property damage or production loss, or jeopardizing personnel safety.
- A frozen water pipe leading to a critical process—like a frozen pipe in waste water treatment plant or cooling tower can shut down the operation causing multi-million dollars of losses.
- A frozen pipe to safety showers can jeopardize personnel safety in the event of hazardous chemical exposure.
Reliable Pipe Freeze Protection System
A heat trace cable replaces the heat lost through the insulation to maintain the pipe and fluid at temperatures above the freezing point. Thus, heat tracing is critical for pipe freeze protection systems that are expected to have stagnant fluids for prolonged durations.
Pentair Thermal Management offers a variety of integrated technologies to meet your specific pipe freeze protection needs. We are the world leader in heat tracing solutions. We have sold over one billion feet of Raychem self-regulating heat trace cable and are known for technical leadership and expertise in polymer science and radiation cross-linking. Our Pyrotenax mineral insulated heat trace cable has been an industry leader for over 75 years. And, we offer the most advanced line of heat trace control and monitoring systems.
Premiere Heat Management System Services
A properly designed heat management system is complicated. Let our heat trace experts provide you with turnkey solutions and project management through all phases of your pipe freeze protection project to ensure that you stay on schedule and have an optimal heat trace system that will provide you with many worry-free hours of operationClose <<