AnodeFlex 1500 Long-line flexible cable anot for tanks and pipelines
AnodeFlex 1500 - 52mA/m (16mA/ft) w/coke
Adhesive: Thermoplastic Elastomers & Synthetic Resins
Long-line linear impressed current anode
- Central Copper Conductor: #6 AWG, serving as a low resistance busbar to deliver the required current over considerable distance without incurring substantial longitudinal voltage drop.
- Conductive polymer: 0.5 inch (13 mm) in diameter special extrusion, sealing the copper conductor from chemical attack, yet allowing current to flow through it, from the conductor to the environment all along its length.
- Coke breeze: Pre-packaged, high performance calcined petroleum coke breeze, serving as the active matrix in which the electrochemical reactions take place. Designed for min. 20 years service life at max. current output of 16 mA/ft (52 mA/m).
- Fabric jacket: Integrated woven, acid resistant and porous jacket holding the coke breeze in place around the anode.
- Protective braid: Tough, porous, non-conductive protective braid enhancing the abrasion and damage resistance of the fabric jacket.
- AnodeFlex 1500 is a long-line, flexible, cable-like anode.
- It is placed in continuous close proximity to the target structure & provides uniform distribution of CP current .
- Unique construction allows current to flow long distances down the center conductor, while allowing sufficient cathodic protection current to continuously pass through the conductive polymer all along the length of the anode.
- Maintains steel-to-soil "instant-off" potential in the required window of -850mv (-950mv if SRB’s present) and -1200mv.
- AnodeFlex 1500's efficiency prevents over-voltage problems such as hydrogen generation and associated rapid coating disbondment.
- Interference from other structures and stray currents are virtually eliminated.
- AnodeFlex 1500 can often be installed as part of a system rehabiliation on pipelines with decayed coatings
- Above ground storage tank bottoms and buried tanks can be more effectively protected from corrosion using this continuous, close proximity anode system.
Rehabilitation without Excavation
|Easy monitoring of current|
|A fraction of
the cost of recoating
|More reliable & economical than discrete
|No over- or
|Measurably overcomes of variations
client lay up to 1.25 miles(2 km) per day
|Used to rehabilitate operating pipelines|
|Fast & less disruptive|
with standard cable laying equipment
|No loss of revenue & No supply interruptions|
& Cost Effective
|Focuses current on the target structure|
joints compared to other anode systems
|Pre-packaging coke breeze|
to splicing errors
|Ensures low resistance ground bed all the time
|Product Data Sheet English||[PDF, 703.92 KB]|
|Inline Splice Data Sheet English||[PDF, 360.67 KB]|
|End Cap Splice Data Sheet English||[PDF, 107.3 KB]|
|DS-AFLX-TeeSplice-REV7-Feb10||[PDF, 458.11 KB]|
|AG-AFLX1500-Splice-REV7-10||[PDF, 115.44 KB]|
|AG-AFLX-1500-Cap-REV7-Jan10||[PDF, 206.31 KB]|
|AG-AFLX1500-Tee-REV7-Jan10||[PDF, 309.73 KB]|