Roofs and gutters can be severely damaged by ice buildup. Ice dams and icicles form when the accumulated snow on a roof melts, and refreezes at the eaves and valleys during the evening. As the cycle continues and the ice dam continues to grow it prevents the melted water from properly draining off of the roof. Eventually, icicles begin to form, potentially creating both structural damage and safety issues.
Read More >>
Roof & Gutter De-Icing Heat Trace System
Pentair Thermal Management offers a roof & gutter de-icing system that provides gutter protection and helps prevent the formation of ice dams and icicle on facilities such as office buildings, warehouses, storage facilities and production buildings.
The roof and gutter heating cable maintains a continuous path for roof snow melt to drain from the roof through the gutter and downspout.
This heat trace cable system is ideal for installation on:
- Roofs made from standard roofing materials including shake, shingle, rubber, tar, wood, metal and plastic
- Gutters made from standard materials including metal, plastic and wood
- Downspouts made from standard materials including metal and plastic
Pentair Thermal Management’ roof & gutter de-icing system is a simple design consisting of:
- Electric heat trace cables - the Raychem IceStop self-regulating heat trace cable automatically adjusts its power output to compensate for temperature variations
- Connection kits and accessories - items for making electrical connections and properly completing the installation, such as power connections, end seals and attachment clips and ties
- Advanced control systems - devices such as thermostats, controllers and sensors, help trigger the system to energize when the ambient temperature is below freezing, ensure that the roof de-icing system is energy efficient and help maintain the temperature of the roof
- Power distribution system - electric panels for installations that require power distribution with single-phase or three-phase circuits
Ice dams can cause water ingress into buildings and generate icicles which are a danger and a potential liability to both people and property. Also, frozen gutters can become heavy, leading to distortion or breakage.
Reliable Roof & Gutter De-Icing to Protect People and Property
Pentair Thermal Management roof & gutter de-icing system prevents both ice dams and icicles from forming by creating a continuous path for roof snow melt to drain from the roof. Raychem IceStop self-regulating heat trace cable reduces heat output automatically as the roof and gutter heating cable warms to above freezing, resulting in lower energy output, and eliminating the possibility of overheating.
Pentair Thermal Management is the world leader in heat-tracing solutions. We have sold over one billion feet of Raychem self-regulating heat trace cable and are known for technical leadership and expertise in polymer science and radiation cross-linking. And, we offer the most advanced line of heat trace control and monitoring systems.
No Environmental Concerns
Hydronic systems rely on circulating warm fluids, such as a glycol-water mix, to create a continuous path for melt water. These systems can create environmental hazards as there is a risk of leaking glycol. Pentair Thermal Management’ systems utilize electric heat trace cables and therefore eliminate this risk.
Advanced Controls Systems
Pentair Thermal Management offers a variety of different sensors and controllers to meet a wide range of design requirements. The controllers can utilize multiple sensors to provide zone control for better energy efficiency and ensures that the system is operating properly.
These snow and de-icing controllers can also be used in conjunction with the DigiTrace ACCS-30 digital controller. This allows you to control and monitor multiple heat-tracing systems from a single user interface. DigiTrace ACCS-30 controller is scalable and can control up to 260 heating cable circuits, allowing for future expansions.Close <<