Raspberry Pi Model A+ (A Plus)
What’s New? What’s Changed?
- A metal micro SD card slot on the back. Better reliability than the previous SD Card plastic slot. If you were wondering why the official NOOBS cards are micro-SD cards with an SD adaptor, now you know!
- A newly designed power circuit (A) with an efficient switching regulator. This means that if you’re running your Pi from batteries, you’ll be able to use it for longer between charges/replacement. If you’re not, it should use a bit less power, which is a good thing.
- A composite video and audio combined (B) into a single socket. We now have a 4-pole 3.5mm socket that does the job of both composite video and stereo analog audio sockets from the model B. It’s much more compact and elegant than the previous solution. The analog audio quality has been improved as well.
- 1 USB port onboard (C).
- 40 GPIO pins (D) (up from 26) with 9 new GPIO ports, 2 DNC pins and 3 new GND pins. The P5 header is gone.
- Chip: Broadcom BCM2835 SoC full HD multimedia applications processor
- CPU: 700 MHz Low Power ARM1176JZ-F Applications Processor
- GPU: Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor
- Memory: 256MB SDRAM
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- Audio Output: 3.5mm jack, HDMI with a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- GPIO Port extended to 40 pins
- Onboard Storage: MicroSD push-push
- Lower power consumption
- Operating System: Linux
- Dimensions: 8.6cm x 5.4cm x 1.7cm
- Made in UK