Ever since the invention of indoor plumbing, building owners have worried about water damage. Not much has changed in 200 years except that the cost of a water leak can be thousands of times more expensive than the damp cellar of previous generations…
Leaks in offices, hotels, museums, computer rooms, data centers or other commercial buildings can damage property, data, or customer goodwill.
Critical infrastructure and equipment typically requires both 24/7 availability and absolutely no damage.
Water Leak Detection System
Pentair Thermal Management provides the TraceTek water leak detection system—a versatile modular system with many interchangeable components that can be configured as needed for each application. The broad range of TraceTek alarm modules and modular components allows you to tailor the monitoring approach and layout to the application.
The TraceTek water leak detection system has these basic parts:
- Sensing cables and probes – these cables and probes directly detect and accurately pinpoint the source of the leak, such as cables used for below raised floors, drip trays overhead piping, flat probes for sumps or damp areas, and miniature probes for tight areas.
- Leader and/or jumper cables – these are cables that connect the module to the sensing cable/components
- End termination – this is the end termination on every leg of the sensing cable in the circuit
- Accessories — the items, such as hold-down clips, that are used to secure the sensing cable in place
- Sensor Interface Modules – these modules provide the excitation voltage necessary to operate the cable or probes. The SIM then monitors analog current and voltage levels to determine when and where a leak has occurred. The measurements are digitized and transmitted back to the control and alarm panel for user display or interface to higher level systems. These modules can be either a nonlocating alarm module for small area coverage, or an alarm and locating module that can monitor one or more large areas.
Some of the oldest TraceTek water leak detection cables have been in continuous service for more than 25 years. TraceTek water leak detection systems provide:
- Long term reliable systems made with high performance polymers for maximum durability.
- Cables and probes that directly detect and accurately pinpoint the source of the leak.
- Digital communications powered independently of the sensor cable so that damage to the sensor cable does not cripple the entire system.
- A robust digital backbone that gives the ability to independently track many leaks at once, with local, networked or remote alarms and diagnostics.
- Flexible design options that permit sensor cables to be short or long and deployed on one floor or many levels of the building while being centrally monitored from the most effective locations.
- Graphic mapping that shows the location of any detected leak on a background graphic of your choosing that flashes an icon in the exact location of the detected leak.
- Optional fuel sensors to monitor the back-up emergency generators and associated diesel fuel tanks, pipes and fittings (FM7745 compliant).
- Multiple digital communications protocols and integration to building management systems, email / SMS or web page.
- Configuration options that automatically shut off pumps or valves where appropriate.
- Modular assemblies that can be configured for current needs and allow for future expansion of your leak detection system.
- Ability to monitor up to 250 cables independently of each other.