The Model B+ uses the same BCM2835 application processor as the Model B. It runs the same software, and still has 512MB RAM; but Raspberry Pi's team have made the following key improvements:
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.
- More USB. We now have 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Neater form factor. The USB connectors are aligned with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
We think you’re going to love Model B+, but to ensure continuity of supply for our customers we’ll be keep selling Model B for as long as there’s demand for it.
Pay attention to the related category in our online ecommerce platform for the more updates: http://www.samm.com/en/it-products/raspberry-pi-products.html