TraceTek TT5000 Fuel Sensing Cable
The TraceTek TT5000 is a fuel sensing cable that can detect and locate spills of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, crude oil and similar hydrocarbon liquids. It will not detect or react to water. The cable is available in outdoor (above ground), underground and indoor versions.
TT5000 sensing cable provides distributed leak detection and location for a wide range of applications. The cable is available in a variety of lengths to provide as much coverage as needed.
TT5000 sensing cable can be purchased in bulk form, cut to length in the field and joined using connector kits, or it can be obtained in standard lengths with connectors attached in the factory. These modular sensing cables may be connected in series to provide distributed monitoring for trenches, subfloors, and double-containment piping, or used individually for double-containment tanks, sumps, and small areas.
TT5000 zone sensing cable—which comes with a factoryinstalled, heat-shrink end termination—is also available for small area coverage.
TraceTek uses radiation-crosslinking and conductivepolymer technology to make TT5000 sensing cable mechanically strong and chemically resistant. The core of the cable is constructed of two sensing wires, an alarm signal wire, and a continuity wire. The core is encased in a conductive-polymer jacket and surrounded with a fluoropolymer braid. This rugged construction allows the cable to perform reliably in the most demanding environments.
- Cable diameter: 7 mm (0.28 in) nominal
- Cable diameter with connector: 13 mm (0.52 in) nominal
- Cable weight: 7.3 kg/100 m nominal (4.81 lb/100 ft nominal)
- Fluoropolymer braid: Color—red, white and black
- Operating temperature range: –20°C to 60°C (–4°F to 140°F)
- Pull force limit: Not to exceed 22.7 kg (50 lb)
- Bend radius: 50 mm (2 in) minimum
- Pressure: Loads greater than 9 kg (20 lb) per linear inch at 20°C (68°F) may immediately trigger an alarm
- Nonresettable: Must be replaced after exposure to hydrocarbon liquids
Represented materials detected / Typical response time at 20°C (68°F)
- Gasoline / 12 minutes
- #1 diesel fuel / 60 minutes
- #2 diesel fuel / 120 minutes
- JP5 jet fuel / 70 minutes
- JP8 jet fuel / 50 minutes
- Jet-A jet fuel / 50 minutes
- Xylene / 20 minutes
|TraceTekTT5000Fuelsensing-Datasheet||[PDF, 631.84 KB]|
|TraceTekTT5000 Installation Manual||[PDF, 1.37 MB]|
|TraceTekTT5000 Bulk Sensing Cable Installation Manual||[PDF, 1019.73 KB]|
|TraceTekTT-500X-CK-MC-M Connector Installation Manual||[PDF, 1.5 MB]|