Visual Fault locator JDSU FFL-50
- Compact, ergonomic design for ultimate portability
- Visible wavelength is 650 nm
- High powered laser (1 mW) for single-mode (> 7 km) and multi-mode (> 5 km) connectors
- Continuous or Flash illumination
- Universal connector interface for quick and easy connection
- 2.5 mm connector input (1.25 mm adapter available)
- Includes soft-sided carrying case with belt loop
- Locate sharp bends, breaks, and damages in fiber
- Conduct end-to-end continuity tests
- Perform fiber tracing and identification
Whether installing or troubleshooting, the Visual Fault Locator (VFL) is an essential tool that quickly and easily locates problem areas in fiber cables. By pinpointing the exact location of fiber damage, technicians can diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix the problem efficiently. The VFL is also used for conducting continuity tests and performing fiber identification.
JDSU offers two unique versions of the VFL that are economically priced and ergonomically designed for comfortable handling and portability. Both versions are equipped with a 2.5 mm interface and are compatible with connectors such as SC, ST, and FC, while the 1.25 mm adapter enables connection to LC and MU connectors. The VFL emits a bright red laser beam (Class II), making the light escaping from the
damaged fiber easily visible from a distance. The Continuous/Flash control button lets operators choose between continuous or flashing illumination.
|FFL-Visual-Fault-Locator-Datasheet||[PDF, 658.46 KB]|