Raychem JBU-100 Single entry joint closure for heating system
The Raychem JBS-100 connection kit is designed to connect power to a single Raychem BTV, QTVR, XTV, KTV, or VPL industrial parallel heating cable. It is approved by FM, CSA, and PTB for use in hazardous locations.
- Brand:RAYCHEM | Heating - Energy - Fiber Optics - Heat Shrink - Cables
- Code: MI00088
The JBS-100 kit is designed to connect power to a single Raychem brand BTV, QTVR, XTV, KTV, or VPL heating cable. It is approved by FM, CSA, PTB and IEx for use in hazardous locations The JBS-100 integrates the functions of connection kits and insulation entries .
The rugged stand protects the heating cable and allows for up to four inches (100 mm) of thermal insulation Innovative spring clamp terminals provide fast installation and safe, reliable, maintenance-free operation Compared with other systems, this connection kit significantly reduces installation time. The kit is offered in three versions, customized for local installation practices, and is also available with a plug-in LED light (-L) that indicates when power is supplied to the heating cable circuit
Relevant applications include:
- process temperature maintenance
- pipe freeze protection
- tank heating
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical
- Food and Beverage
- Oil and Gas
- All connection kits used to terminate heating cables, including power connectors, splices, tees, and connectors shall be approved for the respective area classification and approved as a system with the particular type of heating cable in use. Under no circumstances shall terminations be used which are manufactured by a vendor other than the cable manufacturer.
- In order to keep connections dry and corrosion resistant, connection kits shall be constructed of nonmetallic, electrostatic, charge-resistant, glass-filled, engineered polymer enclosure rated NEMA 4X. The connection kit stand shall allow for up to four inches (100 mm) of thermal insulation.
- Terminals shall be spring clamp wire connection type to provide reliable connection, maintenance-free operation, and ease of reentry.
- The connection kit shall use cold-applied materials and shall not require the use of a heat gun, torch, or hot work permit for installation.
- The connection kit shall be rated to a minimum installation temperature of -40°F (-40°C), minimum usage temperature of -60°F (-50°C), and maximum pipe temperature of 500°F (260°C).