FlexClad - Heat Shrinkable Tape for Elbow and bend of pipes
Flexclad is a hand wrapped heat-shrinkable tape. On heating, the tape material shrinks while the sealant melts.
Applications: FLEXCLAD pipe bend coating.
Construction: Multi wrap construction:
Adhesives: Semi-crystalline mastic sealant (Flexclad),
High-shear strength copolymer adhesive (Flexclad-II-C30).
Backing: Flexible, radiation cross-linked, low density polyethylene.
FLEXCLAD tapes are stretchable, hand-wrapped, heat-shrinkable tapes used for corrosion protection of pipe bends and also for small diameter straight pipes in distribution networks.
FLEXCLAD is available in 2 mechanical classes:
- B30 = FLEXCLAD;
- C30 = FLEXCLAD-II-C30.
The installation is carried out directly on the cleaned and prepared pipe surface without any primer. During installation, FLEXCLAD(-II) is to be wrapped spirally around the bend with a 50% overlap. The carrier is heated and shrinks tightly around the substrate; at the same time, the sealing adhesive melts and is forced into all surface irregularities, forming a thorough coating and a complete bond with the substrate.
Features & Benefits:
- Different mechanical classes
- Provides options to the customer and allows cost savings.
- Highly flexible
- Easy to apply at both low or high temperatures & on pipes of small diameter.
- Compatible with varying pipe diameters
- Minimizes inventory, thus saving money.
- Self-tensioning, heat-shrinkable backing
- Easy to use. Saves time.
- No special equipment required
- Keeps installation costs low.
Max Temperature: 50 ºC, 122 ºF
|Data Sheet English DS-FLEX-REV7-0309||[PDF, 144.8 KB]|
|Application Guideline English AG-FLEXCLAD-REV8-Jan10||[PDF, 299.7 KB]|