Raychem Cable Bushing Joint - Screened Plug , Screw -Type C 800A 10-15 KV
Raychem screened separable connectors are designed to connect single- and three-core polymeric cables to medium-voltage gas insulated switchgear and other equipment using CENELEC bushings Type C1=630 A and C2=1250 A, specified up to 10-15 kV. Made of a highly modified silicone rubber and protected by a thin walled outer conductive screen connected to earth, RSTI connectors are equally suited for indoor and outdoor installation. Supporting a wide application range, the design incorporates one body and two stress cone adapters to cover all cross-sections from 35 to 300 mm2. The overall and cut back dimensions are designed to take up minimum space in the terminal box. The connectors are equipped with a capacitive test point for determining whether the circuit is energised. A conductive cap protects this test point.
• The insulation of the connector is made of a highly modified silicone rubber characterised by high tracking resistance, elongation at break and non-flammability.
• A thin walled screen is permanently bonded onto the insulation and protects the connection system against accidental contact.
• The screened connector need not be removed for over sheath testing.
• The screened cable connector exceeds CENELEC HD 629.1 S2 requirements, which includes BS; VDE and other international specifications.
• Design fits 630 A and 1250 A bushings (Interface “C1” and “C2”) as specified by EN 50180 and EN 50181.
• The compact design supports the use of double “T” connections inside standard terminal boxes.
• The wide application range covers cable cross sections from 35 to 300 mm2.
• Conductor connection with mechanical, DIN or deep indent lugs.
• Easily accessible rear plug with capacitive test point.
• Few accessories required for system test, double “T” and earth connection.
• Complete kit including lugs facilitates installation and storage.