Tank heating systems are used for freeze protection and maintaining fluid temperatures in small, medium and large-volume, industrial storage tanks and vessels. Typical applications for tank heating systems and vessels include:
- Freeze protection of low and medium viscosity fluids (e.g. water, ammonia)
- Temperature maintenance for medium viscosity fluids (e.g. oils, resins)
- Crystallization prevention (e.g. caustic soda)
- Condensation prevention (e.g. fly ash in conical bases of silos)
- Specialty applications that include heat-up, high viscosity fluids and agitation applications
Tank Heating – A Complete Heat Management System Approach
Tank heating systems can be quite varied. For this reason, Pentair Thermal Management offers a wide range of technologies to optimize your vessel or tank heat trace system, in addition to turnkey services.
Heat Trace System
- Electric heat trace cables - heat trace cables that maintain temperature of non-flowing fluids by replacing the heat lost through thermal insulation on vessels or tanks
- Advanced control systems - devices such thermostats, controllers, and electric panels that monitor and or control heat trace cables to help maintain the temperature of the fluid through a heat traced pipe
- Connection kits and accessories such as power connection kits, end seals, aluminum tape and labels
We can supply the individual components, provide engineering and design and even install and maintain the entire tank heating system.
When our advanced products are combined with our services, you get an integrated solution that is strategically planned and executed for an optimum heat management system (HMS). By managing and executing all aspects of the heat trace system design and installation, we provide a single interface to your project team.
The heating requirements for industrial storage tanks and vessels vary depending on such things as: tank contents, type, diameter, height, and maintain temperature.
Proven Reliable Tank Heating System
Pentair Thermal Management offers a variety of integrated technologies to meet your specific tank heating needs. We are the world leader in heat tracing solutions. We have sold over one billion feet of Raychem self-regulating heat trace cable and are known for technical leadership and expertise in polymer science and radiation cross-linking. Our Pyrotenax mineral insulated heat trace cable has been an industry leader for over 75 years. And, we offer the most advanced line of heat trace control and monitoring systems.
Our tank heating systems offer a variety of temperature ranges to design to any application requirements. The tank heating pad and heat trace cable solutions allow for design on all storage tanks types and dimensions.
Raychem self-regulating and power-limiting heat trace cables are easy to handle and install. They can readily accommodate design adjustments between specifications and actual on-site installation needs.
Pyrotenax MI heat trace cables and non-heating cold leads are manufactured with a seamless sheath of Alloy 825 and have proven their reliability of service. MI provides a heat trace cable solution with superior robustness and reliability in extreme environments
Premiere Heat Management System Services
A properly designed Heat Management System is complicated. Let our heat trace experts provide you with turnkey solutions and project management through all phases of your tank heating project to ensure that you stay on schedule and have an optimal heat trace system that will provide you with many worry-free hours of operation.Close <<